- The new church plant is doing well. The congregation is growing and a local leader is emerging and being trained. They are now looking to build a building so they have a place to meet.
- A church building in a neighboring village has been completed after several years of work. The people of that village now have a space that serves both as a worship facility and as a place to store crops and supplies.
- The state of Chihuahua has begun building another school building to accommodate additional students.
- The local Mexican missionaries have identified a nearby village that may be the next extension of their ministry.
- Adding on to the dormitory. Since the state government has decided to build another school building, there is now room for more students - which means a need for more sleeping and storage spaces.
- Expanding into a nearby village. It has long been the goal to use the current location as a springboard into the outlying villages. Since this school is becoming more stable, we may see a venture into another part of the canyon this year.
- Discipleship. As more people are coming to faith in Jesus, we have increased opportunity for encouragement and edification of our new brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Local ministry partnership. On many of the recent trips we have had opportunity to work alongside our Mexican partners in their long-term efforts to influence culture. This can include anything from visiting and praying for the sick to taking food to orphans, widows and the sick.
This year we are sending a team down from June 8th - 22nd. We would love for you to be part of it! If you're interested or would like more information, contact Chris Tweedy at 208-899-1355 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.